St Patrick’s Day is fast approaching so it’s time to start thinking about celebrating all things Irish!
In honour of St Patrick who died on March 17th, 461 A.D., celebrations will take place all over Ireland; and have also become popular in other areas of the world including the US and in England.
Despite dressing up as leprechauns, donning green face paint and decorating every available space with shamrocks being synonymous with all things St Patrick’s Day, you don’t have to be a huge fan of drinking a pint of the black (or green!) stuff – there are many other Irish themed beverages to indulge in, including creative cocktails such as an Irish Martini or Everybody’s Irish.
Creating delicious drinks for St Patrick’s Day!
Jameson and Ginger
- 1 1/2 parts Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Ginger ale
- squeeze of a lime wedge
- Pour the whiskey into a Jameson Whiskey Glass 14.8oz / 420ml filled with ice.
- Fill with ginger ale.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over the drink and drop it in.
- One 12oz. Beer – (lighter colored beers will display the green better)
- Green food coloring – one drop
- 1 1/2 oz Irish Whisky
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 6 oz hot coffee
- Heavy Cream
- Combine whiskey, sugar and coffee in an Entertain Irish Coffee Glass 7.9oz / 225ml and stir to dissolve.
- Float cold cream gently on top. Do not mix.
Everybody’s Irish cocktail
- 2 ounces Irish Whisky
- 1 Tablespoon creme de menthe
- 1 Tablespoon Green Chartreuse
- Cocktail olive for garnish
Irish Mint cream
- Pour the milk into LSA Coro Leaf Tumblers 10.9oz / 310ml first and then the Irish cream.
- Try to achieve a creamy beige colour that has only a slight hint of alcohol.
- Add just enough creme de menthe so as to turn the drink slightly green.
- Stir it up and serve cold.