Drinkstuff.com - Keeping You Entertained

Accessibility Navigation

  1. Skip to Main Content
  2. Skip to Main Navigation

Drinkstuff Homepage
Online since 1998
01763 264 280
Online since 1998
01763 264 280
  1. Home
  2. Glossary of Terms - Champagne Flute
Glossary of Terms

Champagne Flute

Glossary of Terms

A champagne flute is a type of champagne glass used for serving champagne, sparkling wines and champagne cocktails. A flute is a stemmed piece of glass and features a stemmed tall, narrow bowl. The stem allows the drinker to hold the glass without warming the contents. The narrow opening of the bowl reduces the surface area which helps prevent the bubbles dissipating to retain champagnes signature effervescence and bouquet. A champagne flute may feature a nucleated base to help form bubbles and keep the champagne sparkling. A typical champagne flute holds between 5oz and 9oz.

Go Back: Glossary of Terms

£0.00 Total:
Secure Payments drinkstuff has been certified with the Trusted Shops seal of approval for secure online shopping. PayPal
Connect with us

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Help Desk & FAQ Trade Sales & Hospitality Get offers by email BAR@drinkstuff Exclusive Barware
Payment types: Cards Paypal