Drinkstuff.com - Keeping You Entertained

Accessibility Navigation

  1. Skip to Main Content
  2. Skip to Main Navigation

Drinkstuff Homepage
Online since 1998
01763 264 280
Online since 1998
01763 264 280
  1. Home
  2. Glossary of Terms - Champagne Saucer
Glossary of Terms

Champagne Saucer

Glossary of Terms

A champagne saucer, also known as a champagne coupe, is a stemmed glass with a wide, shallow bowl and is used for serving champagne and sparkling wines. Legend has it the shape of the glass was modelled after Marie Antoinette's breast. While popular in the 1930s, the saucer has fallen out of fashion and is most commonly used for a traditional look at wedding parties, often used in a champagne tower where they are stacked in layers with champagne poured from the top. The saucer is much less efficient than a flute at preserving bubbles, making champagne lose its fizz more quickly. A saucer can also be used for serving cocktails such as Daiquiris and sours and typically holds between 5oz and 10oz.

Go Back: Glossary of Terms

£0.00 Total:
Secure Payments drinkstuff has been certified with the Trusted Shops seal of approval for secure online shopping. PayPal
Connect with us

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Help Desk & FAQ Trade Sales & Hospitality Get offers by email BAR@drinkstuff Exclusive Barware
Payment types: Cards Paypal