Drinkstuff.com - Keeping You Entertained

Accessibility Navigation

  1. Skip to Main Content
  2. Skip to Main Navigation

Drinkstuff Homepage
Online since 1998
Unfortunately, due to a technical fault, our
telephone lines are currently unavailable.
Online since 1998
01763 264 280
  1. Home
  2. Glossary of Terms - Cocktail Shaker
Glossary of Terms

Cocktail Shaker

Glossary of Terms

A cocktail shaker is a closed cup that's used for mixing cocktail ingredients. Ice is often added to help cool the mixture and most cocktails require shaking for about 5-10 seconds. The cocktail shaker came around in the late 19th century and became highly popular during the 1920s prohibition in America. A cocktail shaker comes in different styles, with the most popular being the three piece cobbler shaker with an in-built strainer and the Boston Shaker which is formed of a tin and glass.

Go Back: Glossary of Terms

£0.00 Total:
Secure Payments drinkstuff has been certified with the Trusted Shops seal of approval for secure online shopping. PayPal
Connect with us

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lay Z Spa Offer Help Desk & FAQ Deal of the Week Trade Sales & Hospitality Get offers by email BAR@drinkstuff Exclusive Barware
Payment types: Cards Paypal