Drinkstuff.com - Keeping You Entertained

Accessibility Navigation

  1. Skip to Main Content
  2. Skip to Main Navigation

Drinkstuff Homepage
Online since 1998
Unfortunately, due to a technical fault, our
telephone lines are currently unavailable.
Online since 1998
01763 264 280
  1. Home
  2. Glossary of Terms - Slammer
Glossary of Terms


Glossary of Terms

A slammer is a type of mixed drink containing equally parts of spirit and non-alcoholic carbonated beverage. A slammer is served in a shot glass or small tumbler, known as a rocks glass and is served without ice. It gets its name from the way it is drunk; a fifth of the glass is left empty to allow the drink to fizz, then the drinker holds their hand over the top of the glass and slams it onto a hard surface to mix it. This slamming action releases gas bubbles causing it to fizz and it must be consumed quickly before it fizzes over. Common slammer drinks are the Tequila Slammer and the Alabama Slammer.

Go Back: Glossary of Terms

£0.00 Total:
Secure Payments drinkstuff has been certified with the Trusted Shops seal of approval for secure online shopping. PayPal
Connect with us

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Help Desk & FAQ Deal of the Week Trade Sales & Hospitality Get offers by email BAR@drinkstuff Exclusive Barware
Payment types: Cards Paypal