How To Make A Watermelon Keg
The punch-bowl is dead… now you can turn up your party by changing an ordinary watermelon into a drinks dispenser keg for everyone to help themselves to. As the star attraction among your friends, a Watermelon Keg Tap Kit is all you need for the ultimate party starter!
What You Need
– Large Scoop or Spoon
– Large Fruit Knife
– Large Ripe Watermelon, Pineapple or Pumpkin
How To Make The Watermelon Keg
Remember to pick a generously sized fruit to create your watermelon keg with!
Step 1. Cut the top off using a large knife and save it as a lid
Step 2. Now, use a scoop to hollow out the fruit
3. Use the carving tool from the Watermelon Keg Tap Kit to create a hole 3 inches from the base
4. Remove the locking nut supplied & insert into the tap into the watermelon
5. Replace and tighten the locking nut to ensure a tight seal
6. Now you’re ready to add the cocktail or punch of your choice
7. Replace the watermelon top to act as a lid and serve!
Watermelon Keg Punch Recipe
Ingredients (For One Keg Approx.)
– 525ml of Watermelon Juice (double-strained)
– 350ml of Cachaça or Blanco Tequila
– 175ml of Lime juice
– 125ml of Simple Syrup
Add to Watermelon Keg, stir and serve!
– Always ensure you tighten the locking nut to create a perfect seal to avoid leaks
– The larger the fruit, the more cocktail or punch you can serve
– If your glasses are too tall to fill underneath the tap, simply place your watermelon on an up-turned bowl or cake stand