Ok so it’s finally December and the Christmas decorations are up. The supermarkets are selling cheap mulled wine. You might even be able to get your hands on some cheap mulled cider. But can the supermarkets provide you with this years Christmas drink? No, they can’t. What do you mean ‘this years Christmas drink’ I hear you ask! Well, guess what gin is taking over Christmas this year! Not just for summer, gin is here for the festive season as well. Check out our recipe for Mulled Cranberry Gin, we promise that you will be impressing even the biggest Grinch with this drink!
How to make Mulled Cranberry Gin
Ingredients (to serve four people)
- 50ml of Elderflower Syrup
- 15ml of Lemon Juice
- A Pinch of Nutmeg
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- Approximately 8 Cloves
- Approximately 6 Juniper Berries
- 200ml of Gin
- 600ml of Cranberry Juice
- 3 Orange Slices
- A Handful of Cranberries
- Add the elderflower cordial, lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, cloves and juniper berries to a saucepan and bring to the boil
- Gently boil for 2-3 minutes
- After boiling the mixture, add in the gin, cranberry juice and orange slices
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- After you’ve left it to simmer, add in the fresh cranberries
- Serve straight from the saucepan leaving the ingredients in for garnish
If you want to make sure that everyone has garnish in their drink you can always add a slice of orange and a few cranberries to the glass before serving.
If you really want to impress your friends this Christmas, why not try making your own gin using one of our speciality gin making kits. You’ll even have some juniper berries left to add to the Mulled Gin!