Smoother than it’s younger brother, this riff is the Elder Fashioned. Whilst this cocktail can use gin instead of bourbon, we’re sticking to the traditional recipe. Don’t get me wrong I bet the gin version is amazing. But these are old-fashioned riffs, and damn it there will be whiskey. Ok so another simple cocktail to make, but the choice of ingredients is amazing. Bourbon, elderflower liqueur and orange bitters. Simple! Served with an orange zest twist for garnish, this cocktail is smoother than Indiana Jones!
How to make an Elder Fashioned
- 60ml of Bourbon
- 22.5ml of Elderflower Liqueur
- A Dash of Orange Bitters
- Stir one shot of the bourbon with two ice cubes in a glass.
- Add the elderflower liqueur, orange bitters and two more ice cubes.
- Stir to combine, and add another two ice cubes and the rest of the bourbon
- Gently stir again to combine.
- Add an orange zest twist for garnish.
We recommend making this cocktail in a mixing glass if you’re planning on making a batch of them, or if you just want to add a hint of sophistication.
And as always if you need any cocktail tools check out drinkstufff.com