Drinkstuff.com - Keeping You Entertained

Accessibility Navigation

  1. Skip to Main Content
  2. Skip to Main Navigation

Established in 1977
Unfortunately, due to a technical fault, our
telephone lines are currently unavailable.
I'm a Trade Customer 01763 264 280
  1. Home
  2. Glossary of Terms - Cocktail Strainer
Glossary of Terms

Cocktail Strainer

Glossary of Terms

A cocktail strainer is a metal handheld bar tool which features holes for straining cocktails and mixing drinks from a cocktail shaker. A strainer is designed to fit over the top of a 16oz mixing tin and helps filter out larger chunks of ice and fruit pulp for a smoother cocktail. Cocktail strainers come in two main styles; the hawthorn strainer which has a coil spring and wider holes, and the julep strainer which is oval shaped with smaller perforated holes. A cocktail sieve can also be used and has a mesh of much finer holes.

Go Back: Glossary of Terms